- The total change of priorities that the overwhelming feelings of love for this little person brought out. And how this gave a new meaning to my relationship with my partner
- Understanding the importance of female bonding
- Realising that I could live with broken sleep for more than two years
- My level of patience rose dramatically, as well as my level of (sometimes forced) flexibility
- How naive and black and white I was about raising children and how many of the things I thought I knew or wanted to do before having children where wrong for me or did not work
- I pay attention and trust my gut much more, and stand up for it.
- I began to hate appointments, getting somewhere on time is not so easy now
- I dramatically slowed down. My sense of what is productive time changed.
- It made me question and work on different issues that I have been dragging around
- I have a new ample avenue for research, worries and indignation
I am sure I left plenty of things out, but this are what come to mind now…how about you?